Trainovate is offering a development programme covering all aspects of effective Subject Leadership. The programme covers the leadership issues underpinning effective subject management, but it is not subject-specific.
Effective Subject Leadership is central to a successful school. Through careful planning, Subject Leaders ensure continuity and progression in the pupil’s learning. In their role, they also develop effective pedagogy and effective classroom practice. They hold teachers to account as well as developing their skills. They drive effective assessment practice that ensures the curriculum is closely matched to pupils’ needs and leads pupils to their next learning steps. Effective Subject leadership also tracks pupil progress and provides targeted intervention for those pupils falling behind so that every child achieves their full potential. This course provides a toolkit of approaches to ensure Subject Leaders can effectively deliver each of these key issues.
Subject Leader effectiveness requires a diverse and extensive skill set, which is comprehensively covered in this programme. Best practice in key areas has been distilled into a structured programme. Development is personalised by delegates drawing extensively on their experiences in their school. The programme will outline a range of effective strategies and approaches that candidates can deploy to significantly enhance the impact of their role. The programme is designed to be transformational and provide a template for continual improvement.
Who would this training be suitable for?
The course is predominantly aimed at existing Subject Leaders, given the practical nature of the delivery. The programme would be of great benefit to aspiring Subject Leaders, but to maximise the programme’s impact, they should have access to the required documentation and have the opportunity to implement the practical strategies presented.
- Session 1: Team management
- Session 2: Effective curriculum management
- Session 3: Leading teaching and learning
- Session 4: Best practice in assessment
- Session 5: Coaching: peer to peer interview
How Will I learn?
Face-to-Face: Two days training in school, held in August, October, February and April every year. For 2021 we will be offering this course online.
Online: The course spans five weeks. Every session will be 2 hours long and cover one module.
Each module will be accompanied by readings and practical assignments. Time will be given to provide professional feedback and advice, both individually and to the group.
Learning teams may decide to discuss the readings and topics before each session to allow more time for activities and discussion. Participants should plan to actively and fully engage in these activities to get the most out of this course.
Fees and payment plans
Registration deadline for summer online courses: End of June 2021 (or until the course reaches capacity)
Space on each course is limited, so early registration is recommended to avoid disappointment. Once a course is full, it will b closed to further enrolment, and registrations received after this point will be placed on the waiting list.
- Individual: £150 per participant
- School Fees for 10+ delegates: £120 per participant
- Individual Fee: rates for 2022 coming soon
- School Fees for 10+ delegates: rates for 2022 coming soon
- All our courses are paid either in full or by installments.
- All our payment is paid either in Sterling pound or local currency
- Currency conversion rates to be calculated on registration day
- The first installment is due at the time of registration, using any of these payment options:
1. Bank transfer: Contact Registration@trainovate.co.uk and request an Invoice from Trainovate, which includes the bank transfer details.
2. PAYPAL (send payment to email@example.com)
3. Bank Deposit: Contact Registration@trainovate.co.uk and request an Invoice from Trainovate, which includes the bank account details.
- First installments must be received within TWO weeks of the registration date, or the registration will be cancelled.
- All installments must be paid a maximum of two weeks before the course start date.
Cancellation Policy for Trainovate training programmes
- Two weeks before the start of the course: 50% of the total cost per course is non-refundable.
- Any time after: Entire cost per course is non-refundable.